Sunday, December 30, 2007

My Heart Is Full

This morning our oldest son, Jake, was baptized. He became a Christian two years ago, when he asked Jesus into his heart while swimming at his grandparents house. I know, crazy! As a parent, I had pictured in my mind that his conversion would be preceded by this deep conversation, filled with great wisdom from B and I, (ha!) not so. And looking back, I love that it happened the way it did. The Lord planned it in such a way that neither B nor I could take one ounce of glory for his decision. Child-like faith. So simple, so pure and innocent, yet so very powerful.

I could hardly contain myself when I saw my child step into the pool of water. He looked so small, yet so big. His voice was so steady and sure when he announced, "Jesus Christ is my Lord." Yes, son, through the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ and to the glory of God the Father.

We were surrounded by several of our family and friends, and as we all stood in Jake's honor, I was overwhelmed by how many people have poured into our lives, and how that is now spilling over into the lives of our children.

Grateful. Overcome. Overflowing.

We are so proud of you Jake!

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Eph. 3:17-19

3 comments:

Kthed said...

It is a blessing to know you'll see your family in heaven one day! :)

Them Chandlers said...

I can't wait for that moment with my little ones! By the way, I didn't post your comment because I didn't want everyone "peeking" into our conversation! :) ha! There's an email link on my profile if you ever want to use it.

Anonymous said...

As a grandmother, I am double proud of both child and parents who raise their children to love God in a world that is so opposed to everything He stands for. Calloused knees bring God's will from heaven to earth. Thank You, Lord, for what You've done and continue to do in our family.