Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year

...3 days late! I can hardly believe that Christmas AND New Year's have come and gone! One thing's for sure, we have done our share of celebrating! Christmas was great! Santa hit the jackpot and scored us a Wii, and "wii" love it! And by the way, how bad of shape do you have to be in to actually be sore after playing a few rounds of pretend tennis, golf and bowling!?? I guess now would be a good time to transition into my New Year's goal which is to lose the extra pounds I packed on while celebrating the birth of our Lord! I have had very good intentions of running each day, that is until I wake up and realize that the temperature is in the low to mid 30's, and to us in Texas, that's equivalent to an Arctic blast! However, I do realize that I am going to have to brave the cold if I plan to stick with my goal! I'll keep you posted!

The other big news of the holidays is that we sold our house! LONG story short, we had some friends who had been looking in our neighborhood contact us and ask if we'd been interested in selling it. B and I had been praying about whether or not to try and sell and find a house with a little more room, but weren't planning on doing so until the Spring. Needless to say, it seems God had another plan! It's exciting, but can be frustrating because we live in an older neighborhood and want to stay in this area for the schools and the houses either require a ton of work, or they are WAY out of our range! So we've been looking and I THINK we may have found a house. We'll see if it works out!

Soo, things here, to be quite honest, have been anything BUT quiet and restful. I hate that. The boys are heading back to school on Monday and I feel as if they just got out! I guess that is just life with five! One adventure after the next! I'm just hoping the Lord has plans for a vacation for hubby and I squeezed in somewhere in between all of these adventures!

No comments: