Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend O' Fun

We started off last weekend with a bang! Friday night, after a short meltdown, (mine - thanks Dad for listening!) brought on by the ever-changing circumstances of our lives right now, we had a great family night. I made some homemade chili, we watched Shrek 2, and then played "High School Musical Sing Slong" game on the Wii, which, by the way, I totally won! ha! (Sad, but true, I know every word to every song in BOTH movies!) After that, we put the kids to bed, then B and I had a great talk about the "ever-changing circumstances of our lives" and I felt much better.

Saturday didn't start off so well...Jake had a basketball game Saturday morning and B had to go on into work which left me to wrangle the children and get us all there in time. I've been doing this a while so you'd think I'd have this down to a fine art, but not this day. Jake started us off by freaking out on me, because I had the nerve to ask him to put on a sweatshirt before he went outside in the 30 degree weather to shoot hoops. He was in his uniform...shorts and jersey, and to him that was enough. But, the mom in me just couldn't stand it, it was, after all, FREEZING outside, so I started the fight...ding, ding... He then proceeded to stomp off to his room, huffing and puffing the whole way, to sit on his bed for some quality time alone. Then it was Trent's turn. I asked Trent to head on to his room (which he shares with Jake) and clean up, to which his response was "I don't waaaannnnnntttttt toooooooo!!!!!" Followed by stomping, huffing, puffing...wonder where he learned that??!! :) This entire time, I forgot to mention, Ellie is following me around whining and crying because I won't hold her or let her play with the markers, knives, guns, or whatever else she can get her busy little hands on...(just kidding about the guns and knives, mom.) So you can imagine how that lovely sound in the background added to the fun of the morning. Anyway, I began to try and get myself ready when I heard the boys start to rumble. The yelling, the griping, the whining, it was too much. I put down my make-up, (big mistake) headed to the "ring", (the boys room) and threw down the gauntlet. I kept my cool, but made it clear that if they didn't shape up and get their acts together, they could forget the basketball game and the birthday party we were invited to that afternoon, then left the room. I went back to the bathroom to finish getting ready, and my make-up was gone. I peeked around the corner into the Den to find miss Ellie Kate on the rug with my make-up all over the place, including her face. I literally said out loud to the Lord, "I am a new creation, I will not lose it, I will not lose it...help me Jesus!" As I was cleaning her off, I knew I should have taken a picture to post, but I was just too darn tired. We did finally get to the game, where Ellie lasted all of 5 minutes in her stroller, which means I caved and let her out and watched Jake play with one eye, and watched Ellie with the other! :)

The rest of the weekend was a little less eventful. We put the kids down early Saturday night, went to church Sunday, and then hung out and watched the Cowboys lose... :( I Woke up this morning and kicked off our week with a trip to Wal-Mart. Woo, Woo! Actually, it wasn't half-bad! So that was our big weekend o' fun! Thank God it's over! Ha!
Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

John and Joanna said...

Hi my name is Joanna and i was reading beth moore's blog.."roll call"! I noticed you went to Green Acres, my dear friend Meghan Charles is the Girls Minister there and then Walter Ballou(the youth pastor) he was my youth pastor all through jr. high and highschool! He is so dear to me, and he married my husband and I this summer in Texas!
Anyways, i thought it was neat to see Green Acres :)
Take care!!!

John and Joanna said...

Oh my goodness she does have a fabulous voice :) She sang in our wedding!! She has some talent!! Well if you see her you will have to tell her we met!!! I know have done dnow's there for several years and i am always amazed at all the people! I grew up in houston at metropolitain baptist church which is large but, GABC just seems huge!! Great church though!!

terri said...

Ummm......I tagged you with a little ditty.....and this is my new spot....again.....:)
www.mycommenterri.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Don't know how I got here ... but I knew Walter Ballou from way way back in high school at G-P. We dated for quite a while and went to the senior prom together. I'm one of those people who didn't wind up marrying my high school sweetheart but sounds like life turned out great for both of us. God's work is always right.